Home..........About..........Online Shop..........Etsy Shop..........Folksy Shop..........Newsletter....

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Beginning


Hello! Welcome to my little corner of the blogsphere!

Since this is my first blog posting I should introduce myself. My name is Anna, I am 28 years old and I love creativity in all its forms. I am an oil painter and I also run a business as a toy maker. I am an improviser, performing improvised comedy on stage in the heart of Amsterdam on Friday nights. I am a daughter, wife, sister, friend and many other things besides. You will learn more about that later I’m sure!

For now I will share with you a few of my creations, since an artist’s work often says more about them than any words could. This painting entitled “Self Portrait with Blue Light” is, I think, my favorite of all my paintings. It has a special and very personal meaning to me, but was created with the intention releasing a different meaning for each viewer.


Oils on Canvas
2004
120x80cm
(4’ x 2’8”)

You can see more of my paintings on my personal website
www.annagreaves.com


I also mentioned that I run a business making toys, so I should include a little about them too. I make little felt mice. My shop is called The House of Mouse. Each mouse is hand sewn and stands approximately 2.5inches tall (7cm). In the right hand column can see a small selection of them, and below one of my favorites. You can see my store at www.thehouseofmouse.etsy.com

This blog, as the title suggests, will be my musings on life, creativity and everything else. I will blog about my creative process, exhibitions and business. The highs and the lows and any other experiences I think might interest you. I will also hand pick other artists and crafters who’s work I believe deserves attention and include them here. I imagine this blog will evolve and change with me and I hope I will still be writing in it 10 or 20 years from now!

7 comments:

  1. very well written anna !
    and your mouse are so mice !! heu I meant Nice ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are very talented, love your painting, really amazing!!
    Welcome in the blogworld :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun keeping a blog (i love it) and your little mice are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna... welcome into the blog world!
    Your self portrait is really stunning... I love it so much!... I'm going to take a look at your other painting works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you...
    very good start to your blogging also...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,

    beautiful corner photo :)
    i love see all the mouses together...

    and beautiful paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Anna is blogging!
    Sgt Pepper mice and i salute you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts